Apr 4, 2015

little adventures-to the farm

A friend of mine recently invited me to an epic day at the farm. I had been wanting to visit this place for a while, as I had heard only rave reviews of it thus far. It it a gorgeous, sprawling, working farm, where you can pick your own produce, bottle feed baby goats, take a tractor ride, and your kid can run wild through fields, sandboxes, and climb on and off wooden trucks and trains to their hearts content. For my vehicle and animal obsessed girl, this is as close to paradise as you can get.

 

I have to say that it was paradise for mama, as well. We ate a picnic lunch, attempting to corral our kids long enough to eat a few bites, before we set them free to play.  It has been a while since I've been able to enjoy just being with friends, talking, laughing, without my little one needing me. She was clearly having the time of her life. We pulled the kids around in a wagon, stopping to pick handfuls of green beans and fresh cauliflower, perfect avocados and tiny, tart strawberries. All around me I could see nothing but green fields and trees and rolling hills. My dream of living in the country with my own little vegetable garden, surrounded by trees and meadows was sparked back alive. There is something about nature that resets the frazzled rhythm born of city living. At the end of this beautiful day, Julie and I fell into bed, tired but with full to bursting hearts.



(all photos taken on the iPhone)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...