Apr 9, 2015

easter

This Easter we had our usual feast (brunch) at my mother-in-law's house. She is one of those people that makes entertaining look effortless. She will sit chatting with us in the living room, relaxed and smiling, pop into the kitchen for a few minutes, and voila! A gorgeous meal is served. It amazes me every time!



I don't know about you, but when I entertain, it is an ordeal (for me, but also for James.) I wake up and am immediately stressed out about all there is to do, so I turn into some sort of drill sergeant, and run through a long list of what needs to be done, as he rubs the sleep from his eyes. There is full blown panic before the guests arrive, and as they settle in with drinks and conversation, I am in the kitchen muttering to myself about all that is going wrong with the food.



Luckily, I only had to partake in the festivities this past Sunday, so all was very well. Julie's grandparents had prepared an epic egg hunt for her, with eggs filled with puffs (her favorite), balloons, little stuffed bunnies, and a little basket filled with a dress and new sandals, and some more stuffed friends. She was in paradise. It's always such a joy to watch her as she delights in an experience, new or old. The excitement that children have for holidays and other special occasions is priceless. I wish I could see the world as she does--to her, the world is full of endless wonder. It was truly a great day, full of magic and family and wonderful food. The best part about it was seeing the love that Julie is surrounded by. She is one lucky kid.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy! Your blog is adorable, and so is Julie! It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. I'm Los Angeles mom too, so I'm glad I found your blog. Looking forward to following!

    xo,
    Loreann
    http://whosjomama.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loreann! Thank you so much!! It's always so nice to "meet" fellow LA moms :-) I'm looking forward to following you, too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...