Mar 12, 2015

10 things i'm grateful for

1. These cats of mine. They are currently curled up--one on either side of me--as they keep me company with purrs and occasional stare downs in typical cat fashion.

2. Our new apartment. Sometimes what seems like a terrible situation at the time is merely the catalyst to take us to a better place. As a result of said situation, we are here in our lovely, sun-filled home, and we couldn't be happier about it.

3. I am starting to have a village of my own. I have gotten to know the most amazing women in the past year, and it has filled me with a sense of belonging. I didn't know how much I wanted this until it happened for me.

4. Vegan donut shops and vegan pizza delivery. LA is rad.

5. I'm finally beginning to get the hang of knitting. It is SO peaceful, and there is nothing better than being able to make something,  infuse it with my love, and to give it to my dear ones. (I'm currently working on a little knit cat for Julie!)

6. Carob hot chocolate. I swear, it's a pretty good approximation of the real thing, and I can give it to my two year old without worrying about her turning into a maniacal energizer bunny at the end of a long day.

7. Good doctors. I finally went to see an amazing naturopathic doctor after feeling off for a long time, and she changed my life! I feel like myself again, and I have her to thank for it.

8. Family who is there for me through everything; even the minutiae of everyday living.

9. A new (old) job filled with awesome people. If I have to spend time away from my little one, it has to be worth it. These co-workers and bosses and patients make it so very worth it.

10. Last but not least, four years of marriage to my soul mate. I couldn't ask for a better friend, love, and partner in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...